PIC Desk, GKI di Tanah Papua
Several violent incidents and shoot outs have occurred almost every day during the last three weeks. Some of the shoot outs have been committed by unknown perpetrators, whereas for some incidents the perpetrators have been found. JPIC has collected, investigated and analyzed several cases, which are described below.
Cases Covered include:
- A. Mysterious Shootings and Violence against Civilians in May 2012
- 1. Security Forces attack civilians with firearms at Degeuwo (15.05.2012)
- B. Incidents related to KNPB Demonstrations
- 1. Yesa Mirin tortured and killed after escalations at Kampung Harapan (04.05. 2012)
- 2. Death of Fanuel Tablo
- 3. Sweeping Operations at Sentani
- C. Mysterious Shootings and Violence against Civilians in June
- Brutal Acts of Retaliation by the TNI Batalyon 756 at Wamena (06.06.2012)
For the full report, please download or read the embedded pdf below.